Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What do you learn from difficulties?

I am in awe of what the Lord has done, is doing in my life. While writing the blog i am reminded of this beautiful song:
The splendor of the King, clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice

He wraps himself in Light, and darkness tries to hide
And trembles at His voice
Trembles at His voice

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

Age to age He stands
And time is in His hands
Beginning and the end
Beginning and the end

The Godhead Three in One
Father Spirit Son
The Lion and the Lamb
The Lion and the Lamb

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

Name above all names
Worthy of all praise
My heart will sing
How great is our God

Name above all names
Worthy of all praise
My heart will sing
How great is our God

How great is our God, sing with me
How great is our God, and all will see
How great, how great is our God

This is one of my favorite worship song. Tears roll down my cheek when i turn back & see the path that i had walked. I had to walk through both good and rugged roads, but my unchanging Jesus was with me, who had brought me thus for and will continue to lead me.

What do troubles and trials teach you? God tries to teach us many things but here i would like to putforth the most significant things that i had to learn when i walked through pain and sorrow; HE teaches us to TRUST Him, OBEY Him, FORGIVE others, through trials He also helps you DEVELOP Godly characters in you, that would benefit you and others, He wants to SHAPE you and MOLD you to a person who will glorify HIS name on this earth.

So does God want you to be tempted over and over again and does He want you to stay in the pit where you are? Absolutely not. The word of God clearly says in I Corianthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."

I have come across many such trials in my life and finally i have also realized that it was all for my good. For God says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

You are welcome to share your experiences!

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! Yes, the LORD is so good and HE truly brings all things into our life for our good. Sometimes we don't see it at the time for our ways are not HIS ways. So many times I have cried out "LORD, I don't understand!" However, I always know that although it's difficult that I don't understand it's okay that I don't understand. As long as I trust that HE's got it all in control HE'll increase my faith through the trial.
    Feel free to read one of my journeys at:
    http://www.ourquiverfullstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete